Apollo Duck Boat Archive
2013 Catalina 309
Much the same as the original Catalina 30, The NEW Catalina 309 promises to be a successful racer and cruiser for families.
The design parameters were:
* Good Performance and Handling
* Roomy Accommodations for �Family Style Cruisers�
* Simple Systems = Less Maintenance
* Good Value (Even When Compared to Used Boats)
|Length Overall:||9.98 m 32' 9"|
|Length of Hull:||9.45 m 31' 0"|
|Length at Waterline:||8.08 m 26' 6"|
|Beam:||3.51 m 11' 6"|
|Draft Fin Keel:||1.91 m 6' 3"|
|Wing Keel:||1.32 m 4' 4"|
|Ballast Fin Keel:||1,814 kg 4,000 lbs.|
|Wing Keel:||1,996 kg 4,400 lbs.|
|Approx. basic weight|
|Fin Keel:||4,445 kg 9,800 lbs.|
|Wing Keel:||4,627 kg 10,200 lbs|
|Engine Diesel:||3 cylinder 21 hp|
|Sail Area Standard Rig:||Mainsail Rated 24.71 m2 266 sq. ft|
|Total (100% foretriangle) :||48.59 m2 523 sq. ft|
|I:||13.03 m 42' 9"|
|J:||3.66 m 12'|
|P:||11.81 m 38' 9"|
|E:||4.19 m 13' 9"|
Catalina�s new 309 is a wholesome family
racer/cruiser combining good performance
and great accommodation with contemporary
lines and style.
The interior feels much larger than her 31-feet. An
easy descent (no steep ladder!) into a very roomy
interior reveals an enclosed aft cabin, comfortable
v-berth, sit down chart table, spacious head and 6'2"
headroom. The salon seats six with a symmetrical
The new non-skid flooring requires virtually no
maintenance. Made from a new vinyl material, it is
more durable than wood flooring and will not be
affected by water. The galley has quality fixtures and
stainless steel lined AC/DC refrigeration. You�ll find
more drawers and lockers than in most comparable
On deck, the Edson Pedestal steering has a 32"
destroyer wheel with single lever engine controls
and a custom instrument housing, incorporating
LED cockpit lighting.
The cockpit is large, a Catalina priority, with seats
long enough to stretch out on. The port cockpit locker
is huge for storage of a dinghy, outboard or even
air-conditioning and a genset.
There are four opening ports and four hatches
throughout, providing excellent light and ventilation.
The transom incorporates a walk-through stern
platform and integral boarding ladder.
All sail controls are mounted on deck and led aft to
the cockpit. The rig is specifically designed to optimize
the sail area for enhanced performance, with the
convenience of in-mast furling, which is standard
equipment on the 309.
Catalina 309 features include:
* 10 lbs LPG tank for stove
* Cockpit locker with gull wing access hatch and a flat floor
* Refrigerator w/ freezer compartment; D.C. powered
* Two-burner stainless LPG stove with oven
* Folding table in main cabin stores against the main bulkhead
* Tie-rod structural system attaches rig to hull with leak-proof ball and socket chainplates
* Sliding forward �V� berth filler for better access by day and a larger berth at night
* Anchor locker with a built-in provision for an optional electric windlass
* Hanging locker with drawers forward
* Folding game table to starboard in main cabin
* A.C./D.C. Electrical panel with room for expansion
* Hanging locker in aft compartment
* Large double berth aft
Current used Catalina boats for sale - View All